The gantries are always custom designed to fit each specific building.
Every gantry is unique - and they can vary from 1.5 metres to 30 metres length and equal free span.
The gantries can have the following characteristics:
- Straight, curved, A-shaped, angled or other shapes.
- Inclined or horizontal.
- Traversing along monorails or fixed to the building.
- Suspended from trolleys or mounted on top of trolleys.
- There could be monorails with trolleys mounted underneath the gantry in order to carry a suspended platform (giving access to the facades in atriums).
- Electric, rope driven, or manual.
- Extendable or fixed length.
- Massive floor or see-through floor.
- Plus many other possibilities for suitable design.
The gantries are all built in aluminium, which ensures the low weight and durability against damage and corrosion.
The surface is either mill finish, anodised aluminium or powder coated.
The gantries are bolted togethe, not welded. This gives a much better product finish, and also the possibility to replace parts if needed.
The definition (BS 6037) of a gantry is among others that the angle is 65 degrees or less. There shall be a continous footway.
The traversing gantries can be connected to any of our monorail systems.
The most commonly used monorails are the NP04 and NP06 monorail.
The gantries will normally have a high mounted handrail and closed ends which ensure that the users will not fall out of the gantry.